At ServiceNow, our technology makes the world work for everyone, and our people make it possible. We move fast because the world can’t wait, and we innovate in ways no one else can for our customers and communities. By joining ServiceNow, you are part of an ambitious team of change makers who have a restless curiosity and a drive for ingenuity. We know that your best work happens when you live your best life and share your unique talents, so we do everything we can to make that possible. We dream big together, supporting each other to make our individual and collective dreams come true. The future is ours, and it starts with you.
With more than 7,400+ customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2021 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies®.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
What you get to do in this role:
- Contribute to Configuration Management and Infrastructure as Code for ServiceNow’s global private cloud.
- Drive enhancements and bugfixes for large scale automation projects such as patching, provisioning, and kickstart domains.
- Design and implement procedures to accomplish maintenances where automation and tooling cannot; drive resolution of root causes with internal team members.
- Prepare new ServiceNow products and services for production readiness with design review, feedback to engineering teams, training, and testing.
- Creating and maintaining technical documentation up to date as per company’s internal policies.
- Use broad knowledge and experience of systems administration and networking principles to proactively prevent and address incidents while constantly improving documentation.
- Participate in escalations and Root Cause Analysis of issues in our global infrastructure in both Regulated and Commercial environments.
- Troubleshoot database backup and restore failures as well as perform database migrations.
- Support operation of a wide variety of infrastructure services including Machine Learning and Prediction, Cloudera Big Data clusters, Kafka and RabbitMQ messaging, database encryption, E-Mail infrastructure at scale, DNS, Puppet, Elasticsearch, F5 BigIP, and more.
- The ideal candidate will have a strong background in systems administration and engineering, understanding of the components of a cloud infrastructure including hardware platforms, OS, applications, databases, networks, web and application servers. Prior experience in Site Reliability Engineering/DevOps and managing large-scale server infrastructure at a cloud computing or MSP setting is highly desirable. Strong Linux expertise is a must.
- Solid experience with Linux (RedHat and/or CentOS)
- Familiarity with MySQL, Oracle, MariaDB, Postgres or similar technologies; proficiency preferred. DB administration experience is a plus.
- Experience in container management and containerisation of services. Kubernetes, docker or similar experience is also a plus.
- Strong experience with service troubleshooting in a production environment covering web front-end, Systems, Databases and Networks.
- Familiarity with Networking Technologies such as routing, switching and load balancing. F5 and NGINX experience is ideal.
- Experience with performance and availability monitoring, analysis, and configuration management platforms (e.g. Nagios/Icinga, Cacti, Ansible, Puppet, cfengine, chef, Splunk, Logstash) is desirable. Ansible proficiency highly desired.
- Understanding of ITIL v3 framework and how it applies to incident, problem and change.
- Candidate must have good communication skills and work well in a collaborative team environment.