What makes Gartner Research & Advisory a GREAT fit for you? When you join the world’s leading Research & Advisory company, you’ll be part of a team that values curiosity, expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage, while driving partnerships with global organizations to make the right decisions on their key initiatives. Through constant learning, discovery and collaboration, you’ll not only help clients accomplish their mission-critical priorities, but also grow your career and the scope of your impact across industries. Our culture demands dedication— and rewards it with opportunity. If you’re always looking for what’s next in business and technology, Gartner is looking for you.
Interested in learning more, view and register for any of our upcoming recruiting events here!
The Gartner for Technical Professionals (GTP) team is a highly collaborative group of industry analysts. Members of the team work together to produce research that answers the most pressing questions being asked by technical professionals in government, commercial and not-for-profit organizations. Research is delivered in the form of written documents, presentations, dialogues, videos, blogs, and other forms of social media. A GTP analyst is an articulate thought-leader, and also an inquisitive student. The ideal candidate will have a hands-on practitioner background from working in advanced technical roles (e.g. Infrastructure architect, Solution Architect, Network engineer, Cloud Architect/Engineer, CTO of a smaller organization, etc.)
• Develop thought leading research deliverables.
• Work with clients on strategic and tactical technology challenges.
• Deliver presentations at Gartner events, including Catalyst, Summits, and Symposia.
• Work with IT vendors/providers on product direction.
• Attain industry leadership by responding to press inquiries and speaking at industry events.
• Support Gartner sales with client visits and consultation.
• Contribute to research and agenda planning.
• Other duties as assigned.
• The successful candidate has substantial expertise and is likely to be viewed as an evangelist for these topics in industry or within an enterprise.
• Industry certifications are highly preferred such as: VMware Certified Design Expert – Network Virtualization (VCDX-NV), Cisco CCNP, Cisco CCIE, etc…
• Candidates may come from an end user environment, hardware vendor, software vendor or cloud provider in the product team, creative design shop as a supplier and/or a consulting background in this space.
• Whilst hands-on technical knowledge and experience is critical, it is equally important that the successful candidate can see beyond design to meet business and commercial aims.
• Excellent writing and research skills, coupled with strong analytical skills.
• Excellent presentation skills, including small to large audiences (500+ people)
• Excellent collaboration skills, able to graciously give and receive constructive feedback
• Ability to take a position, based on facts, and support that position to clients, both external and internal, with clear analysis. Willingness to openly consider new information. “Strong opinions, weakly
• Broad knowledge of industry trends and emerging technologies.
• Ability to identify how changing technologies will impact technology choices in architectural decisions.
• Ability to travel approximately 20% of the time, mostly within the region (EMEA/NA depending on home base), some international travel.
• Comprehensive medical plan options with low employee contributions, including prescription drug coverage as well as Dental and Vision plans
• 401K with company contribution and aggressive vesting schedule
• Company paid life insurance, long-term disability pay, short-term disability pay, and optional supplemental insurance
• Employee Stock Option Purchase Plan
• Competitive Paid Time Off plan with additional paid holidays