User Experience (UX) Manager
Musgrave is one of the Europe’s most successful family-owned businesses with a 140-year heritage in food and brand innovation, supporting communities across the island of Ireland and Spain.
Every day we feed one in three people in Ireland through 11 market leading food and beverage brands that include SuperValu, Centra, Frank and Honest and Musgrave Market Place.
We support thousands of retail and foodservice family businesses who live and work in the heart of the communities they serve.
We are committed to becoming the most trusted and sustainable business in Ireland and we are making changes across the company to make sure that happens. We want to make a positive impact on the world and we will support our suppliers and customers to make a difference too.
Our people are the heart of our business. As our greatest asset, they make Musgrave a great place to work and in return we aim to be the very best place to work, grow and thrive. We have an opportunity for a User Experience (UX) Manager to join our Digital team.
We understand that in order to continue to give our Shoppers the best experience and service through our digital channels (apps, websites and in-store digital) we need to ensure that Customer Experience is central to everything we do. We have an opportunity for a User Experience Manager to join our Digital Product Team, working on impactful, customer-centric design projects.
Responsibilities of the role include but not limited to :
- Leading the UX team’s approach to design, defining processes and principles, and promoting a holistic understanding of the offline as well online implications of changes
- Work closely with leadership team and steering groups to develop long term design and user experience strategy
- Instilling design into company culture through raising awareness of good usability and accessibility practices, and engaging with stakeholders about design concepts
- Identifying and articulating risks and problems customers have with our stable of digital products
- Working with internal and external stakeholders to interrogate problems, build consensus on the best path ahead, and develop customer journeys and implementation plans
- Collaborate with Business Analysts, Product Managers and Developers to plan iterations to digital products, and scope changes covering customer journeys, interface, interaction, and content design
- Having systematic knowledge of our digital products, including how they integrate with each other, and the technology constraints they operate within
- Creation and maintenance of design systems and pattern libraries, and high-level design artifacts such as personas, information architecture diagrams, customer flows etc
- Managing the output of the UX Team, prioritising projects and tasks, and coaching and mentoring designers on their development
- Quantitative research and analysis of customer data and baskets through tools such as Google Analytics and PowerBI
- Qualitative research and analysis through prototyping, interviewing and usability testing, and using tools such as UserZoom, Hotjar and others
- Drawing on best practice and direct customer feedback to design seamless, simple to use customer experiences to meet business goals
- Monitoring the performance of competitors
The ideal candidate will have/be:
The ideal candidate will have:
- A third level qualification in IT or Design/Multi-media, or relevant experience
- A specific qualification in User Experience design or other HCI design will be of distinct advantage
- Previous experience managing or leading a team of any size, (coaching, mentoring and professional development, not just workload management)
- A minimum of 3 years relevant user experience designing for mobile and web applications
- Proven experience building valuable cross functional working relationships and using available expertise to good effect
- Passionate about customer experience and making life simpler with technology
- Skilled in project management, has an ability to deliver to tight deadlines while ensuring the customer needs are a priority
- Working knowledge of front-end web technologies (HTML5, CSS, etc.), and app store technical and functional requirements
- Good understanding of visual design, identity and branding