Our client is a rapidly expanding USA FinTech software company in the Tipp/Limerick region. This is a permanent role offering an upper quartile salary plus full benefit package. (Role can be worked 3 days per week onsite/2 days a week from home office in Ireland.)
- Guiding the team on how to use Agile/Scrum practice
- Guiding the team how to self-organise and work collaboratively as a team
- Assessing the Scrum Maturity of the team and organisation and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organisation
- Removing impediments or guiding the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on healing and problem-solving
- Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information
- Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially on grooming and maintaining the product backlog.
- Providing all support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible, and leading by example.
- Experience in a Scrum Master role for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory.
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
- Knowledge of various well-documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (for example: numerous Burndown technologies, various Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc.).
- Knowledge of other Agile approaches: XP, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, SaFe, Nexus, Lean etc.
- Awareness and experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games.
- Understanding of the technologies used by the team (Java) would be desirable
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills.
(NB - EC passport or current Irish Stamp 4 work authorisation required - sponsorship is not provided.)