The Technical Lead – IT Service Delivery will oversee our IT support and delivery. You are strongly skilled with Apple products, as well as other prevalent products such as Office365. You will lead a small team to provide excellent support to our staff as well as managing and fostering a productive relationship with our key technology partners.
This role will suit an individual who has a strong technical aptitude, is customer-focused and self-motivated.
We are looking for a competent Technical Lead – IT Service Delivery to provide leadership and mentorship to a small and growing team while being hands-on in the provision of technical support to the business.
You must have good technical knowledge and be able to communicate effectively to understand the problem and explain its solution while acting as an escalation point for more complex problems.
The successful candidate must also be customer-oriented and provide support to the team when dealing with difficult customers. The goal is to create value for clients that will help preserve and enhance the company’s reputation and business.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to the IT delivery team.
- Ensure the team troubleshoot tickets to the best of their ability and manage the workflow appropriately to ensure timely and effective customer service.
- Draft and distribute support related communications to appropriate stakeholders when required.
- Be hands-on in technical support and projects and contribute to the longer-term strategic goals of the IT Division.
- Track IT incidents and conducting trend analyses, conducting post-mortems after major incidents, and organizing the problem process and conduct root cause analysis.
- Manage and enhance the relationship with our external partners.
- Work closely with our managed service provider to identify areas of service delivery that can be brought in-house to align with future strategic objectives.
- Take a hands-on role in the team by taking ownership of problem tickets, acting as the escalation engineer, resolving, and reporting on assigned incidents.
- Identify and suggest possible improvements on procedures and actively find way to automate
- repetitive tasks or streamline service delivery.
- Provide accurate information on IT products or services.
- BSc/BA in IT, Computer Science or relevant field.
- Experience providing remote and onsite support.
- Relevant IT Certifications would be advantageous (e.g. CompTIA A+, N+, ITIL, MCSE, Prince2).
- Customer focused and experience in a customer facing role.
- Tech savvy with working knowledge of office automation products, databases and remote control.
- An excellent trouble shooter.
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices and other tech products.
- The ability to take ownership of issues and follow through to resolution.
- Proficiency in English, both orally and written.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Positive attitude and approach to technical issues and dealing with complex problems.
- Self-motivated with the ability to use own initiative and make an immediate impact with customers.