Our client is an NFPO committed to promoting blockchain 3.0 as a secure, transparent, and accountable solution for positive global change, setting the direction for decentralized economic empowerment, working with leaders in the industry and regulators in different jurisdictions to shape blockchain legislation and commercial standards, and empowering communities to solve real-life problems #BlockchainForGood
Headquartered in Europe they have established their technical R&D centre in Ireland. To facilitate strategic growth, consulting and development programmes they are looking to hire a Senior Rust Developer to design and develop new tools for integration with their blockchain platform e.g. cryptocurrency exchanges, NFT Marketplace while also developing new tools for synchronising, blockchain ledger data with databases (MySQL / DB independence) etc. coupled with serialization & deserialization of data structures
The ideal candidate will have an aptitude for thinking outside the box with great interpersonal skills as this is a hands-on team lead position where you will train and mentor other team members.
Comprehensive knowledge of the blockchain space / de-centralised ledgers / proof of stake / blockchain protocols / ERCs / Elliptic Curve Cryptography (ECC) / native assets / metadata & NFTs etc., is preferred coupled with extensive Rust backend development.
Why would you be interested in this role?
- Opportunity to architect and champion the development of world class blockchain integration and data synchronisation tools, working with dedicated research & development teams as well as other key internal and external stakeholders.
- Participate in extensive innovative work, researching innovations in the industry
What will a Lead Rust Developer do?
- Architect and drive the delivery of technical integrations with third parties
- Act as lead technical consultant
- Develop tools in multiple languages for third parties
- Contribute to the building of tools and processes to support the infrastructure and platform roadmap
- Improve and maintain tooling and scripts of automation purposes
- Collaborate closely with other teams and third parties to understand requirements, dependencies, interfaces.
- Support the build, deployment, and configuration management for multi-tier applications.
- Ensure technology standards and best practices are adhered to.
- Contribute to open-source repositories.
- Masters in Computing or similar ideally
- 10+ years software development experience
- 5+ years extensive Rust software development experience
- 2+ years experience working with crypto / blockchain
- Experience maintaining bug tracking, code review, coverage analysis, agile tracking, and testing tools.
- Proven experience supporting clients & developers
- Docker and general DevOps tooling
- Git, software compilation, unit tests, CI/CD pipelines, Prometheus, Grafana, Jenkins etc.
- Proven experience supporting clients & developers and maintaining open-source tools and libraries.
- Competitive Salary
- Flexible and remote working to ensure a good work life balance where wellbeing matters
- Open minded, collaborative, and diverse culture with truly human values
- Equal opportunities at any time in respectful, fair and conscious surroundings
- Learning and development opportunities to strive for your individual goals
- Occasional company meetups.