Why engineering at Stryker?
At Stryker we are dedicated to improving lives, with a passion for researching and developing new medical device products. As an engineer at Stryker, you will be proud of the work that you will be doing, using cutting-edge technologies to make healthcare better. Here, you will work in a supportive culture with other incredibly talented and intelligent people, creating industry-leading medical technology products. You will also have growth opportunities as we have a culture that supports your personal and professional development.
Need another reason to apply? Check out these 8 reasons to join Stryker’s engineering team: https://www.strykercareersblog.com/post/8-reasons-to-join-strykers-engineering-team
18 month fixed term contract role usually based in Carrigtwohill, Cork. Currently partially work remote
Who we want:
- Business-oriented evaluators. People who effectively interpret information to demonstrate the effects of business initiatives, regulation and industry trends.
- Detail-oriented process improvers. Critical thinkers who naturally see opportunities to develop and optimize work processes – finding ways to simplify, standardize and automate.
- Meticulous documenters. Detail-oriented people who enjoy maintaining meticulous documentation of reports, metrics, proposals, and presentations.
- Self-directed imitators. People who take ownership of their work and need no prompting to drive productivity, change, and outcomes.
What you will do:
- Be the voice of quality within a multi-disciplinary new product development team, developing the medical devices of the future
- Leverage your systems background to bring a new perspective to decision making
- Apply available processes and tools to help drive quality in new product development
- Drive a culture of quality first and compliance
- A minimum of a Degree (level 8) in a suitable subject (e.g. Electrical/Mechanical/Software Engineering) or equivalent
- An ability to read code and understand database structures
- A natural awareness of risk, compliance and data integrity
- An infectious enthusiasm for efficient problem solving
- Experience working in a regulated environment or similar