About the Team
Our Applications Quality Assurance team plays a pivotal role in building a positive customer experience by delivering new features and improved functionality. We believe in Quality!
Leading our teams, Quality Assurance Managers drive the delivery of high-quality features and functionality across Financials, HCM, Payroll, Spend Management and Time Management applications.
Our Quality Assurance Managers collaborate with leaders across Development, Product Management and Quality Assurance in the planning, design and execution of testing strategies, while promoting efficient processes and methodologies.
We exist to elevate the Workday experience for all our customers in the delivery of quality enterprise applications.
Do you want an exciting job leading a team of dynamic Quality Assurance Engineers? Get involved and experience Workday!
About the Role
Workday is looking for an outstanding manager to join the Quality Assurance leadership team.
Responsibilities and objectives of the role are:
- Manage a team of Quality Assurance Engineers specializing in the functional and manual testing for the Time Management area.
- Implementation of QA policies and processes in line with Workday's product development methodology and standards.
- Engage in release planning and grooming; while allocating and prioritizing QA resources.
- Partner with managers across Development, Product Management and Quality Assurance on the timely delivery and testing of quality functionality to customers.
- Define quality metrics to measure and communicate success.
- Grow and lead team members in terms of mentoring, training and objective setting.
- Guide performance management, career progression and personal development.
- Drive the recruiting and on-boarding of new team members.
- Instill a sense of customer advocacy in testing functionality across the team.
- Champion Workday values and diversity through our VIBE strategy ─ Value Inclusion, Belonging and Equity.
- 3+ years in managing functional teams, preferably in quality and testing methodologies.
- Possess functional knowledge in enterprise applications.
- Experience in delivering applications within a continuous deployment model.
- Ability to lead a team efficiently in working to tight timeframes, across multiple projects.
- Desire to advance and influence quality improvements in supporting a positive customer experience.
- Shown success in building cross-discipline and cross-team collaborations.
- Clear effective communication and facilitation skills.
- Opportunity for a driven and results-oriented leader to manage a progressive and growing team.