SoftwareONE is in the middle of an exciting transformation journey, becoming one of the fastest-growing global platform, solution, and technology service providers. We offer a full suite of solutions to help organizations transform their technology landscape, and optimize their technology investments, in an increasingly software-defined and cloud-first world. Combining this with our legacy of being a trusted partner to >65,000 customers globally, means that our growth is only just beginning!
This is a rare opportunity to join a brand-new global leadership team, responsible for driving one of SoftwareONE’s biggest growth opportunities – our Azure Cloud Service business line. As one of Microsoft’s biggest global partners we are only scratching the surface of what can be achieved in this space, so if you are interested in building something new in an area that has lots of growth potential get in touch.
The Capability Lead role is a strategic member of the global service line team, reporting directly to the Service Line General Manager. Together with the service line leadership, this individual is responsible for coordinating and developing the enablement of all service delivery capabilities needed to maintain high quality service delivery across the service line’s portfolio of Azure Cloud services. This will require an understanding of our solutions and their target audiences, and will then involve working alongside SoftwareONE’s global, regional, and local service delivery teams to drive continual capability improvement.
The ideal candidate will have strong interpersonal skills and can build relationships with stakeholders from across the business. They will also have a natural desire to help our customers and colleagues deliver on their objectives consistently, and will work as part of a virtual team globally with the same collective goal, to ensure a high-quality service delivery experience for all of our subsidiaries.
All of that said, even if you don’t meet 100% of the requirements listed below, but feel you are exactly the right person to help us accelerate this business, please get in touch – we’d love to hear from you!
- Identify skillsets and capabilities required to deliver new and existing Azure service modules successfully.
- Build technical and contextual enablement plans that will facilitate successful onboarding of new consultants, and ongoing upskilling of existing delivery teams, all within agreed timeframes.
- Build and maintain required capability definitions and coordinate the continual upskilling of consultants in the xDC remote delivery centres and local markets.
- Evaluate capability group/s on a regular cadence, leveraging this information to maintain a capability knowledge base and related improvement plans.
- Establish and maintain the capability group/s career paths and learning plans to continually develop and improve capabilities and ensure Consultants can maximise their talents from a career at SoftwareONE.
- Work and communicate across functional lines to understand capability issues experienced in service delivery.
- Ensure capability group/s certifications are maintained, documented, and up to date as per industry changes.
- Support the capacity management process to ensure appropriate resource management plans are in place to meet capability demands.
- Contribute to delivery collateral and processes to ensure it is maintained in line with capability improvements and based on input from Service Delivery Leads.
- Report on enablement and onboarding status to the relevant Service Delivery Lead and Global PMO stakeholders.
Relevant Experience & Technical Skills
- Professional experience in control and execution of complex projects or delivery functions, preferably with experience working in an international organisation.
- At least 3 years of experience delivering services or enablement in the Microsoft Azure space
- Has a customer service mindset with an appropriate level of flexibility.
- Experience in performance management, career development and coaching/mentoring.
- Experience using capability/skills development tools and framework would be advantageous.
- Understanding the needs of external and internal customers and using good judgment to make the best business decisions while maintaining positive relationships.
- Able to lead and work in an agile team environment, effectively partnering with other departments and groups, particularly Global Services.
- Has proven problem resolution skills with the ability to minimise negative impact to deadlines and/or ojectives.
- Detail-oriented, with the ability to successfully and efficiently manage multiple tasks, priorities, and deadlines.
- Clearly communicates ideas in a variety of formats (verbal, written, etc.) with a variety of stakeholders (Leaders, Consultants / Individual Contributors / Customers).
- A proactive individual with the ability to adapt to change when necessary.
- Developing and contributing to knowledge sharing within a community (e.g. team, practice, or project).
- A desire to work in a global, innovative, and fast paced environment.
- Proven ability to quickly learn and understand complex topics, processes, and procedures.
- Advanced business writing skills, with a keen eye for detail.
- Understand and maintain market-standard certifications when required
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel skills (use of pivot tables, functions, macros)
- Basic Visio skills or similar such as Bizagi and Lucid Charts
- Basic MS Project skills or similar such as Smartsheet
- Knowledge in document management systems and team collaboration platforms such as MS Teams, MS SharePoint, Confluence.
- Advanced knowledge of the remaining component of the Office suite
- Basic video editing skills (knowledge of tools such as Camtasia) - desirable, not mandatory
- Understanding of industry standards (i.e. ISO, ITIL), ensuring where relevant that your capability groups’ processes align.