Zalando's Global Catalog team of ~30 (Engineering Managers, Back-end, Front-end, Principal Engineers and Product Managers) build the core Product, Media, Brand and Category systems for Europe’s largest Fashion e-commerce retailer. Our mission is to enable Zalando and it’s partners to sell an unlimited, infinitely describable assortment and provide much of the scale necessary to triple the business by 2025.
That's everything - from the basic attributes of every article of our assortment, to every piece of multimedia, to all the logistics, customs, supplier and categorisation data needed to make every product sellable and shippable. At its heart are also some awesome enablement functions which allow our Data Science teams to enrich our assortment with fashion domain knowledge to improve experiences from search and recommendation to outfit generation and beyond.
Our enormous technical infrastructure is depended upon by dozens of teams along the entire lifecycle of a product across the business - one of the biggest e-commerce companies in the world.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Support, manage, inspire and grow a diverse team of 6-8 engineers while ensuring smooth delivery and continuous improvements to business critical systems.
- Build and run core capabilities for Zalando’s core fashion stores and customer experiences at the scale of millions of requests/sec.
- Manage dependencies, work closely with the product counterparts on solution planning, design and implementation (up to 20+ teams across Zalando Group)
- Enable architectural and design decisions in the team, contribute to the priorities, spearhead the documentation and learnings from incidents
- Ensure system-reliability engineering and technical compliance
- Foster an inclusive & diverse team environment
PERKS AT WORK
- A workplace run on trust, empowerment and feedback; positive, inspiring working atmosphere
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion, connecting customers, brands and partners across 23 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 45 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests and languages our teams choose to use.
Teams at our Dublin Tech Hub work on many of the cornerstones of our Fashion Store, including the partner program and personalization components. Through full stack engineering and research, we turn visionary ideas into new emerging businesses with real potential. By tackling the most challenging problems for the fashion industry, we drive the personal digital experience and underlying knowledge models to create the most inspirational fashion experience for our customers.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- A strong and self-driven Leader who has a very good understanding of modern development and has been supporting a team of engineers in the past.
- Hands-on experience with Scala, Java, API design, kubernetes microservices and event-driven architecture. Experience with multiple other development languages is nice to have.
- Experience with development and operations of tier-1 and tier-2 services with an appreciation of modern SRE oriented topics and ways of working.
- You are comfortable working in a product team, helping translate customer problems into meaningful actions - be that contributing to other teams codebase and features, or working through uncertainty to deliver customer impact.
- Our values resonate with you.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills in English with an ability to articulate complex technical topics and solutions in a concise and simple way.
- Experience promoting inclusive culture practises and processes that are models for others