Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
The Technical Operations Manager will lead the technical operations across the Customer Support Platform team at Airbnb. You will be responsible for leading a global team of systems administrators & DevOps engineers. The role requires a candidate with several years of relevant experience, coupled with a history of successfully leading and managing full-time & managed service teams together with a high level of energy, flexibility, and a demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced, team-based environment.
- Manage availability and performance of mission-critical services and build automation to prevent problem recurrence
- Build documentation, automated delivery & training for Operational teams, delivery handover processes, support plans, and escalation on-call support
- Own the ORR process & ensure systems have a clearly defined SLO and maintain services against these targets.
- Develop standard operational support documentation (as-built & runbooks) to help train and enable operations to support all existing and new deployments
- Provide Tier-3 technical escalation support and assistance during major service impacting outages/incidents plus act as Airbnb point of escalation for any major CSP incidents
- Own root cause analysis, contribute to post mortem review and develop long term fix action plans for incidents.
- Develop global support framework and maintain on-call schedules
- Experience working with critical systems and operations within a distributed organisation.
- Track record of identifying opportunities to improve team efficiency and effectiveness through automation.
- At least 5 years managing global technical operations/DevOps teams
- Technical expertise in external customer-facing systems such as Contact Center and CRM technologies such as Genesys, Salesforce coupled with an engineering background is desirable.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work effectively in a global, multi-functional organisation and to coach others
- Creativity and ability to work independently with limited guidance, proven ability to create structures and develop operational concepts
- High tolerance for ambiguity and ability to perform under pressure to meet deadlines
- International travel may be required.