About the Role
Huawei Ireland Research Centre (IRC) mission is to position Huawei as a recognized technology leader and a global provider of information and communications technology (ICT) solutions. To achieve this we are building an industry-recognized multi-discipline Research Centre of experts with focus on medium-term to long-term issues. The IRC will work closely with an open innovative ecosystem with Huawei customers to address real-world issues. The IRC will also engage with key European universities to build a basic research capability to support Huawei technical projects.
In this role, you will have the chance to work on projects that impacting millions of people, explore novel ways to build recommender systems, provide the most relevant items to users.
Check out the Life at Huawei Ireland Research Centre: bit.ly/huawei-irc
- Build a new recommender systems algorithms that works
- Literature review and investigate the state of the art
- Dataset acquisition
- Build models with novelty, applicability, and practicality in mind.
- Model evaluation and iteration
- Write documentation, papers, or patent application (whichever applicable)
- Navigate ambiguity that might occur in the projects or relationship with stakeholders
- Building a demonstration system to showcase the value of strength
- Passionate about data and machine learning
- Experience in recommender systems
- Programming experience in Python, R, C, or C++
- You have at least a Master degree in computing-related fields (such as Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics)
- Software engineering background, e.g., you have a Computer Science background, or software engineering working experience
- Able to work independently and as a team, and drive a project from its inception to the finish line on time