The client is a market leader in digital commerce for travel retail. They provides airlines with unique products to drive revenue and profit as digital retailers. The Group is headquartered in Dublin, Ireland, and maintains offices across Europe, the USA and China.
Join the international team of engineers, as we work to play an important role in delivering high quality releases to our most valued customers: international airline partners. The ideal test engineer will work within an agile scrum team to define and implement Manual/Automation scripts that results in a reduction of overall test efforts and an increase in test coverage and Quality. A headline candidate will be a highly motivated team player with solid automation exposure working with international clients. Candidates who are results-oriented and take ownership / leadership of all aspects of customer and product initiatives, would be strongly encouraged to apply.
The Test Engineer will play an important role in delivering high quality releases to one of the client's most valued customers. Act as an integral contributor to the Test Department's mission of advancing the manual testing and test automation in a continuous integration environment.
- Work closely with developers, testers, Automation Engineers and Product Owners to deliver stories in an agile environment.
- Define a clear test plan for the team to gain better quality through our manual/automation coverage and execution
- Translate business and functional requirements to automatable test scenarios for the automation engineers to pick-up.
- Write test scenarios and design/develop automation scripts to accomplish execution of the scenarios
- Full responsibility over the design / planning / execution / reporting of the regression automation suites and ROI for your team. Light maintenance and debugging of automated scripts where required (Test Data updates)
- Mentor other team members by participating in knowledge sharing through training sessions, documentation and practical workshops around the importance of quality.
- Responsible for the Sign-off process from both manual and automation perspective.
- Be a key contributor of our continuous Integration strategy through effective automation coverage and green build policy to drive better quality and shorter release cycles.
- Involve in formal, informal reviews and retrospectives resulting in applying key observations to improve overall test practices within the scrum team.
- Work closely with the customer to support them with their User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- IT degree with 1+ years' experience in a test related role.
- Adaptability (work in an agile, fast-paced and high-pressure environment)
- You are results-oriented team player who leads by example, holds yourself accountable for performance, takes absolute ownership, and champions all aspects of customer and product initiatives.
- You have a keen interest (knowledge / experience) of test workflows through automation, specification design, development, and execution.
- Availability and openness to travel (if required)
- Strong API testing background with experience in technologies such as REST, JSON, XML, SOAP
- Java and Java-related web technologies - J2EE, JBoss, Tomcat, HTML, CSS, JS, XML Linux operating system - RedHat, CentOS
Exposure to the following tools:
- JIRA Atlassian
- Eclipse / IntelliJ
- Gherkin and Cucumber
- Jenkins / CircleCI / Ansible / Docker
- TestRail / Browser Stack
- SoapUI / Postman
- Linux operating system is an added advantage.
- Database systems - Oracle, Postgres, MongoDB
- Travel Systems Expertise
- Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery experience
- Experience of Agile development methodology.