Amach is an industry-leading software company located in Dublin. We are currently recruiting for a Test Architect to work and lead our team.
You need to apply working knowledge of software quality concepts within the software development lifecycle and able to perform software and system testing activities on an upgraded IT infrastructure.
In this role, you will be expected to make recommendations for improvement to tools, perform test case executions and to apply in-depth working understanding of standards and methods to comply/enforce the standards in day to day tasking.
The successful candidate will be responsible for driving automation tooling, frameworks, strategy and CI pipelines across a number of departments. They will be responsible for increasing the team velocity through technical improvements, standardisation and knowledge sharing. The role involves working with a broad range of applications including RESTful APIs, HTML, Angular, SOAP, JSON, iOS, Android, Messaging services and batch application.
- Architect and oversee the development of automated tests and test frameworks for frontend and backend systems.
- Technical negotiations with the various automation teams, delivering tools/libraries and influencing engineers, architects, managers, and product owners.
- Improve process and quality via test and process automation, defining the right strategy and technologies based on process and architecture assessment.
- Utilizes experience of DevOps and software engineering best practices to influence design and implementation approaches and solutions.
- Effectively communicates quality practices to both technical and leadership audiences.
- Integrate test automation into CI/CD process and instrument full SDLC automation.
- Participate in applications design reviews ensuring quality practices are followed in the software development life cycle.
- Drive performance and non-functional testing effort (load, stress, fail-over etc.) providing clear reports and recommendations to both development and operation teams.
- Deep understanding of different test automation approaches (keyword-driven, Data-driven, BDD, hybrid) and technology stacks.
- 8+ years developing Automation Framework and using automation tools such as REST-Assured / Selenium / GEB / Appium / JUnit & TestNG / Cucumber / Jasmine / Protractor etc.
- At least 3+ years experience designing, planning and executing system testing strategies and tactics to ensure software quality at all stages of the system life cycle.
- Experience with open source and vendor driven test automation tools, frameworks, and language choices (preferably Java), Code scanning tools (e.g. Sonar, structure101), Continuous Delivery (e.g. Jenkins/Bamboo), and batch automation (Spring batch applications).
- Hands-on experience building CI automation pipelines using tools like Jenkins, Bamboo, Docker etc.
- Extensive experience in multiple operating systems - UNIX, Windows, LINUX.
- Experience in application architecture concepts and design patterns.
- Experience with performance engineering and profiling with tools such as Load Runner, JMeter, JProfiler etc.
Coordination & Communication Skills:
- Have a broad vision of the leading-edge technologies and the ability to discover, evaluate and learn new ones as they mature.
- Independent and self-motivated with excellent communication skills – must be able to prepare automation roadmaps and present to management.
- Able to direct staff in test automation processes.
- Knows how to appropriately push back and persuade.
Do you have experience within:
- Programming language – preferably Java
- Programming frameworks – Spring
- Development best practices – TDD, patterns, check styling
- Build Systems – Jenkins, Bamboo
- Linux Knowledge (Scripting languages)
- Hardware knowledge – Servers, Switches, SAN, NAS, Data Centre vs. Cloud solutions