We are looking for a talented and curious technical writer passionate about creating compelling content that makes users successful.
Are you excited about learning new technologies? Do you like to experiment to figure out how something works? Do you enjoy making complex information easy to understand? If yes, then you might be the person we are looking for.
As a technical writer at Guidewire, you will use your ability to grasp technical concepts to convert developer-speak into content that speaks to the user. You will collaborate with cross-functional groups to create online and in-product content. You will use your passion for customer success to ensure users get the information they need to make their jobs easier.
To succeed in this role, you must have excellent communication skills, strong technical skills, a hands-on approach, and a self-motivated attitude. Expect to work in a fast-changing and flexible environment, where teamwork is vital and self-directed work.
- Work closely with developers, product managers, and user experience designers to understand our products and target audiences.
- Plan, design, and develop content, including videos, UI text, and contextual assistance
- Create and update documentation for our applications, plugins, and APIs
- Participate in initiatives to make our content more impactful and relevant to our different audiences
- Collaborate with geographically distributed development teams
- 3+ years of experience creating content for enterprise software applications
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Knowledge of best practices in technical communication, information architecture, and information delivery
- Good understanding of topic-based authoring
- Familiarity with HTML, CSS, XML, and other web technologies
- Technical aptitude required to understand and document complex solutions
- Ability to plan and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines
- Ability to get information from subject matter experts and learn by experimenting
- BA/BS in Technical Writing, English, Computer Science, or other related fields, or comparable experience