Job Description Summary
Be part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 75,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
Our Research and Development (R&D) Centre of Excellence in Limerick provides cutting edge technology and a creative environment to be inspired to tap into your inner genius. We are looking for amazing, passionate and dedicated people like you, where you will be at the forefront of creating and developing specialised devices, software solutions and systems to help others. You are the one who can make the difference. Join us and be a crucial part of advancing the world of health!
About the role
BD manufactures instrumentation and software used in clinical diagnostic laboratories globally. The hardware and software have an “in vitro diagnostic” (IVD) status and is intended to be used to analyze Human biological specimens, for diagnostic purposes. The diagnostic analysis of these specimens helps to identify the exact nature of certain medical conditions from autoimmunity to Leukemia and can help to steer the treatment regimens chosen. As a manufacturer of complex scientific equipment in this heavily regulated area, BD ensures that the product meets all regulations and is tested for analytical and clinical performance. BD is looking for a highly motivated and results focused Software Test Engineer to support product development/maintenance with verification and validation to test and qualify products and solutions.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Work with software development team and stakeholders to determine, analyse and testing of identified functional area.
- Write and execute test cases, test cases, and other test documents as needed.
- Reporting Test results and data points.
- Capture Issue/Bugs in line with Business Unit policy/Standard and track to closure.
- Complete tasks assigned and ensure the schedule is met.
- Support sustaining activities.
- Use agile scrum process and Azure DevOps to manage work.
- Work with Software Test Lead.
- Provide regular and timely feedback on work estimates and progress.
- Support Test Leads in preparing real-time dashboards for Test Metrics.
- Support the Test Lead to drive the test process.
- Comply with the R&D Quality Management System.
- Comply with the Business Unit Quality Management System.
- Continuous improvement of test process and practice enhancement.
- Engage in continuous improvement of test process and practice enhancement
- Apply comprehensive knowledge of software quality concepts within the software development lifecycle.
- Partner with local and remote development team members, product owners, functional managers, project managers (etc.) to collaborate, and to identify and communicate issues and risks.
- The successful candidate will have a minimum level 8 degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a software test role – in both Manual and Automation, of which at least 2 years’ experience in Software Test Automation desirable.
- Experience automation tools such as – TestComplete, UFT, Selenium etc.
- Strong knowledge of Action Driven, Keyword Driven, Data-Driven testing approaches, and other latest methodologies in software testing.
- Hands-On experience in GIT, TFVC, Azure DevOps Services.