Dreaming for tomorrow is about more than ideas and ambitions. We’re already building the next generation of vehicles, using repurposed and brand-new technology and techniques. We’re doing more than dream, we’re creating the future of mobility and automotive for years to come.
WHAT TO EXPECT
The main purpose of this role is to be responsible for the people that deliver the integrated sub systems elements, which may be physical components, a set of related components or software into vehicle programmes. Responsible for achieving Centre of Competence deliverables in specific programmes, the individual will also ensure that content is delivered in accordance with our defined processes and procedures.
Additionally, is responsible for conducting regular 1:1’s, managing individuals performance, identify and address training needs, ensure team members are aligned to Jaguar Land Rover best practices. Help define and improve processes and procedures as part of the engineering community of practice.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Supply strategy and the process to be followed to ensure achievement of attribute and an ongoing competitive position.
- Manage conflict and issue resolution within the Centre of Competence and across functions.
- Monitor Centre of Competence performance and lead / facilitate or escalate cross module / cross Centre of Competence problem resolution on all programme aspects of content delivery, including virtual build, physical build and launch support.
- Manage external communications and status reporting, providing a coherent status for senior managers and directors.
- Undertake any other work as directed by their line manager in connection with their job as may be requested.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Line management experience with at least 8 direct reports.
- Strong people management skills
- Technical depth to challenge developer approaches
- Assisting with internal communication to improve transparency
- Identify and manage risks, create resource contingency plans
- Team player, software programmes are often very complex and require extra ordinary effort.
- Ability to mentor and coach developers
- Proven ability to manage senior stakeholders and communicate at all levels
- Negotiation, conflict resolution and influencing skills
- Previous experience as a software engineer using C or C++
- Experience of the automotive or manufacturing industry
- Experience of building and managing multiple internal and external relationships in complex stakeholder environments
- Demonstrable business acumen