Job Description Summary
BD, a company standing on in excess of 120 years of innovation in medical technology, is currently recruiting a Software Engineer to join our company at BD Research Centre Ireland (RCI) in Limerick, where we’re looking for amazing, passionate and dedicated people like you.
BD’s purpose is to advance the world of health. As part of our team, you will be on the forefront of creating and developing specialised devices, software solutions and systems to help others. Our new centre in Limerick provides you with cutting edge technology and a creative environment to be inspired to tap into your inner genius.
You are the one who can make the difference. Join us and be a crucial part of advancing the world of health!
Be the Software Engineer:
- A strong understanding of softwaredesign/systems/architectureconcepts and their application in a professional environment within a software team structure.
- Understanding of different software development lifecycle methodologies, primarily Agile.
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills are essential
- Be a ‘hands-on’ technical lead contributing to the software development effort (specify, plan, design, develop, test and support software components)
- Architect and design system software components for medical instrumentation platforms
- Translate requirements into design and implementation of well-structured and documented software components; anticipate system faults, failures, or unusual events, ensuring software adequately mitigates identified risks, and develop automated unit test cases to ensure that your software meets the design and acceptance criteria
- Adhere to all BD development policies and software quality procedures
- BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or other related engineering field with a minimum of 8 years of experience in software development
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in C# and .NET Framework
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with Microsoft SQL Server and Entity Framework
- Minimum of 4 years of experience with ASP.NET MVC development
- Minimum of 4 years of experience withWebAPI2
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with .NET Core
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with Angular 2 or later
- Experience with source controls systems such as TFS, Azure DevOps and Git
- Demonstrable understanding of, and experience with SOA and RESTful architectures
- Multi-threaded C#/.NET development
- Migration of .NET Framework applications or websites to .NET Core
- Experience with TCP/IP and socket development
- Knowledge of Windows networking fundamentals
- Performanceoptimisationand profiling application
- Image capture and image processing software development
- Demonstrated ability to comprehend and debug complex software systems
- Experience working in a regulated (FDA) environment with medical instrumentation is a plus
- Experience with Test andBehaviourDriven Development methodologies