About the Team
The Integration Platform's mission is to provide a premier integration experience, empowering our customers to connect seamlessly with Workday.
This team provides one of the key services in the Extend Orchestrate product, Workday’s new orchestration and integration offering.
About the Role
- In the Orchestrate and Integration Platform we develop code at the very heart of Workday’s cloud based software platform. We are responsible for building highly scalable tools and agents that empower the largest customers in the world to design and process enterprise integrations between Workday and their applications.
- We use Scala, and we are looking for candidates with a background in multi-threading and concurrency.
- As an Engineer in our team, you will be responsible for crafting and developing data and transport components, micro-services and shared libraries using our technology stack in an highly distributed environment
What will you do
- Build and Publish APIs to support our platform and customers using Scala and AWS.
- Develop distributed systems and deliver them at scale while planning for future growth.
- Practice disciplined software engineering (automated testing, code reviews, and write reusable code)
- Ability to collaborate with other engineering teams to promote standard methodologies.
- Tackle sophisticated problems and workflows
- You have extensive orchestration experience using Docker and Kubernetes as core technologies to deploy applications to cloud platforms.
- You have 3+ years of programming experience with strong coding skills (Java, Scala).
- You have experience contributing to projects from design through implementation & support phases.
- You have familiarity with configuration management, application deployment, monitoring, and other DevOps technologies.
- You have a Bachelors’ degree in Software Engineering or equivalent.
- You have excellent hands-on technical skills and related experience.
- You have good verbal & written communication skills and demonstrated ability to collaborate
- across teams and organisations.
- Experience working with Public cloud (AWS)
- Experience with Jenkins, Gradle, or other automated build and continuous integration systems
- Experience with Helm package manager