VMware is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and business mobility. VMware accelerates customers’ digital transformation journey by enabling enterprises to master a software-defined approach to business and IT. With VMware solutions, organizations are building extraordinary experiences by mobilizing everything. Our customers are responding faster to opportunities with modern data and apps hosted across hybrid clouds, and safeguarding customer trust with a defense-in-depth approach to cybersecurity.
The VMware Information Experience (IX) team is seeking an experienced technical writer to support the VMware Tanzu portfolio of products. For this position, you should demonstrate strong technical and writing skills, flexibility, and adaptability.
As part of our highly-collaborative team of technical writers, you will work with software developers, product managers, and engineering stakeholders to create technical documentation that helps our customers use our products to achieve their goals. You can see some of our existing Tanzu documentation at https://docs.pivotal.io.
- Work independently to create and revise existing technical content in a fast-paced, agile environment.
- Communicate highly complex technical concepts clearly and concisely.
- Write for a range of customers, including new and experienced operators, administrators, and developers.
- Work with peer reviewers, incorporating editorial feedback to ensure that VMware style and standards are appropriately observed in technical content and media.
- Use the VMware toolchain and source control tools to author and publish content.
- Research writing assignments using a variety of sources including: trying out the feature, reviewing issues, code, and commit messages, and interviewing subject matter experts.
- Collaborate with developers, product managers, and other writers.
- Ensure compliance with documentation styles and standards.
- Write and publish world-class technical documentation using Markdown.
- Contribute to open source projects used by developers and customers.
- Ability to identify and understand customer needs and to envisage how customers would use the product.
- Ability to learn and understand complex technical concepts, and to explain these concepts clearly and concisely.
- Manage complex documentation projects and balance multiple tasks in a dynamic environment.
- Experience writing documentation for complex technical products.
- Ability to create and manage your own project milestones to meet the needs of the overall product release cycle
- Ability to obtain information through research, interviews, and experimentation.
- Ability to work in a team environment and collaborate with other teams including Engineering, Product Management, and Program Management.
- Experience working on a globally-distributed team.
- Experience using a command-line interface (CLI).
- Basic knowledge of UNIX/LINUX operating systems.
- BS/BA in Technical Communication, Computer Science, related technical field, or equivalent experience.
- Working knowledge of Markdown, DITA XML, and topic-based writing.
- Familiarity with programming languages and APIs. Some hands-on experience with writing code and reading code or other technical work. (You can read code and sometimes even write it.)
- Familiarity with Git and GitHub
- Familiarity with Scrum/Agile development environments.
- Experience with Kubernetes, vSphere, and cloud-based Enterprise software products.