The Product Experience team is looking for talented SoftwareEngineers who have a passion for building applications at the intersection of data science, data engineering and web development. Our team consists of a great mix of Software Engineers, Product Managers and Applied Scientists that are tasked with gaining insights into our assortment of hundreds of thousands of live products using AI, and then bringing these insights to our customers at scale in new and engaging ways.
As an Engineer on the Product Experience team you will work on designing, building, serving and monitoring cloud-based microservice architectures that combines large scale machine learning of text and images to enrich our product information in a scalable and maintainable way, and work on new ways for customers to traverse and gain insight into the assortment on the Product Details Page. We work with a leading edge technology stack comprised of Scala, Python, Go, Kubernetes, RESTful APIs, Tensorflow, PyTorch, Elastic Search, Graph DBs, Postgres, BigQuery, AWS and Docker amongst others - check our Tech Blog for more information on the technologies we use.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- As an experienced Engineer you will play a leading role in the design, development, and deployment of the teams systems.
- You can design, build and maintain software architecture for products that evolve over time.
- You can continuously ship high quality testable and reliable systems, and support others to do so through reviews and mentorship.
- You can be agile and iteratively test features with stakeholders while keeping the big picture in mind.
- You have strong stakeholder management with the ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with engineering peers, applied scientists and product owners across the organisation.
- You have a focus on team processes, automation, communication and collaboration to support the velocity and output of the team.
- We’re looking for smart people with strong engineering experience and skills, who care about solving tangible customer problems.
- We have a varied tech stack, we expect you to be comfortable learning new languages, technologies and systems to use the right tool for the job. (Think AWS, Kubernetes, Docker, Scala, Python, PostgreSQL, Elastic Search, Nakadi).
- We need people who can balance greenfield feature development as well as the challenges of delivering incremental improvements to existing low latency systems.
- Experience designing and implementing microservices and event driven architectures, distributed systems and RESTful APIs.
- Ability to support some frontend development of internal tooling is a plus.
- People who can thrive in a collaborative environment involving many different stakeholders and varying complex domains, for example, web and mobile teams, ML Engineers and Data Science teams.
- Clear verbal and written communication skills when it comes to reporting needs and answering technical questions. The ability to craft concise and well written documentation is especially important during the current remote working setup.
- Someone who loves engineering: designing, making and breaking things!
- A workplace run on trust, empowerment and feedback; positive, inspiring working atmosphere
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms