As we scale out product environments to span both private and public cloud infrastructure, we have an increasingly complex identity and access management challenges. To address these challenges we continue to expand our Identity and Access Management (IAM) team.
As a Senior Security Engineer you will collaborate with engineers, developers and technical program managers to deliver high quality software products, and you will operate and support these products throughout their lifecycle.
You will design, develop, test, deploy, operate and support identity lifecycle management solutions end-to-end across complex, secure public and private cloud environments at Salesforce. Your solutions will primarily benefit the technical community inside the company but may also be used as a model for customers with similar identity challenges.
You will deal with Authentication and Authorization challenges for both private & public cloud infrastructure. You will: work closely with key stakeholders to understand their business needs; evolve solutions; and facilitate the automation of identity lifecycle management and governance for critical Salesforce technical staff on customer facing infrastructure.
- Design, development, test, and deployment of new IAM services.
- Operate and support of new existing and existing products and services
- Own quality and drive automated testing and continuous deployments.
- Participate in the architecture and solution design.
- Generate technical specifications/documentation.
- Collaborate with Product Management to create user-centric solutions.
- Participate and support Agile software development process.
- BS/BEng/BTech degree, or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years experience in software development with a strongly typed programming language, preferably Golang
- Strong knowledge of operating systems, network security and open source products.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience managing code through source control, CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience operating and supporting production software.
- Good exposure and understanding of Docker/Kubernetes ecosystem and CI/CD principles
- Experience in developing on microservices-based architecture
- Knowledge on Linux OS internals (authZ/authN in particular).
- Experience deploying and operating infrastructure at scale.
- Working experience with Commercial, and Open Source (OpenLDAP, OpenDJ, etc.) enterprise IAM platforms. Knowledge of Active Directory is a plus.
- Declarative state configuration experience (Puppet, Terraform, Helm).
- Industry recognized certifications (RedHat, AWS, etc).
- Understanding of legacy AuthN/AuthZ architectures and specifications (Kerberos, LDAP, Radius, Tacacs+, etc).
- Experience with service offerings and ideally Identity & Access from major cloud providers (AWS, GCP, Azure etc.), and on-premise/cloud hybrid architectures.