Job Description Summary
The Difference of One
Are you ready to make a difference in this world? Do you want to be part of a team that develops groundbreaking medical and biotechnology services and devices? One person can make a singular difference in saving and improving lives. At BD, we are looking for amazing, passionate and dedicated people like you.
BD, a company standing on 120 years of innovation in medical technology, is currently recruiting talented individuals to join our new Research and Development (R&D) Centre of Excellence in Limerick.
BD’s purpose is to advance the world of health. As part of our team, you will be on the forefront of creating and developing specialized devices, software solutions and systems to help others. Our new Centre in Limerick provides you with cutting edge technology and a creative environment to be inspired to tap into your inner genius.
You are the one who can make the difference. Join us and be a crucial part of advancing the world of health!
BD’s Life Sciences Development organization is responsible for the Design and Development of World Class In Vitro Diagnostics Instruments, Lab Automation Systems and Informatics Solutions. BD is looking for a highly motivated and results focused Senior Software Development Engineer in Test working in an Automated Test environment to test and qualify products and solutions.
- Define automation framework to provide additional development capabilities. Analyze existing systems and identify areas for improvement.
- Work closely with Product Owners, Software Developers and Test Engineers to understand software workflows, use cases, and specifications in creating automated scripts across the application.
- Design, develop, and document automated test scripts to ensure the quality of our products.
- Work closely with Test team team to ensure script implementation comply with best practices and testability requirements.
- Work independently and as a member of the automation team developing and maintaining automation scripts.
- Collaborate effectively with remote test automation resources.
- Identify, analyze, and document software defects detected by automation scripts.
- Follow the agile development process.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or equivalent.
- Minimum 6 years of hands-on experience in software automated test development.
- Expertise in at least 1 programming language (e.g. C, C++, Python, Java, C#)
- Develop and verify automation test scripts to build a system to support automation of unit, functional, performance, security, and integration testing.
- Expert with hands-on experience in automation framework design, architecture, and process implementation.
- Excellent skills in analyzing, troubleshooting, and resolving complex issues in automated scripts development.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a collaborative environment as well as independently with minimal supervision.
- Effective at learning new technologies and actively introducing advanced process improvements and test technologies.
- Effective at understanding and communicating technical information; ability to translate to and from business language.
- Strong ability to prioritize and meet a deadline.
- Strong communication skills – written & verbal.
- Strong knowledge of Action Driven, Keyword Driven, Data-Driven testing approaches, and other latest methodologies in software testing.
- Hands on experience with Robot Framework.
- Strong hands-on experience with OS virtualization.
- Strong hands-on experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Terraforms.
- Strong hands-on experience with Azure DevOps services and Azure portal.
- Strong hands-on experience with GIT, TFVC
- Strong knowledge in automated test development for desktop and client-server applications.
- Good experience with development and testing using Performance testing tools.