Based in Cork, Ireland, our client is one of Ireland's most progressive building and civil engineering companies. An Industry leader, with numerous awards, working on high profile projects, their primary activity is undertaking large, complex projects in commercial, retail, tourism, pharmaceutical, high-tech, and institutional buildings, refurbishment, and civil engineering works.
For this permanent position, they require a Senior Site Engineer with 5-10 years’ site management / construction supervision experience and proven track record on related type / scale of project (experience of heavy civils, concrete laying, earthworks)
What will a Senior Site Engineer do?
· Support the Site Manager in helping to lead the construction of the allocated project
· Managing parts of construction projects
· Overseeing building work
· Undertaking surveys
· Setting out sites
· Checking technical designs and drawings to ensure that they are followed correctly
· Supervising contracted staff
· Ensuring project packages meet agreed specifications, budgets and/or timescales
· Liaising with clients, subcontractors and other professional staff, especially quantity surveyors and the overall project manager
· Providing technical advice and solving problems on site
· Preparing site reports and filling in other paperwork
· Liaising with quantity surveyors about the ordering and the pricing of materials
· Ensuring that health and safety and sustainability policies and legislation are adhered to
· Engage all members of the project team
Between 5 – 10 years’ experience in site management/ construction supervision, proven track record on related type / scale of project. experience of heavy civils, concrete laying, earthworks.
· Higher level qualification in Civil Engineering or Construction Management
· Safepass training and knowledge of Irish construction standards
· Technically competent
· Effective problem solver
· Team player & methodical planner.
· Company Vehicle
· Fantastic Career Progression Path to Senior Management
· Training and Development under an elite team
· Diverse Projects