Deloitte has exciting career opportunities for a Senior Java Architect within our Systems Engineering team. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work in a fast growing and challenging environment with like-minded people who are eminent in their respective technical field. You will work on client engagements where you will collaborate with Business and IT stakeholders (Architects, Business Analysts, Developers, Production Support, Release and Environment Management) when working on and delivering digital solutions. In addition to this you will gain knowledge on our client’s core business domain, and work with business stakeholders so strong communication and collaboration skills will be vitally important.
We are looking for team members who will ensure that best practices in software development are adhered to at all times, and will be striving to constantly improve the way our team builds software.
What you will be doing
- Lead the design of Enterprise scale Java solutions across a range of clients
- Support delivery teams in driving innovation and best practice in the implementation of client solutions
- Support Solution planning and estimation
- Lead the technology solution on proposals for medium complex projects or elements of highly complex projects
- Drive innovation and continuous improvement in design and delivery practices of our solutions
- Manage technical aspects of development teams to deliver full lifecycle implementations
- Act as a role model for the team by always demonstrating the highest standards in technical design and development
- Coach and mentor software developers, providing stretch opportunities to support their development
- Conduct quality reviews of our implementation to ensure they meet our high standards
- Be an Agile advocate adding to the Agile/Scrum maturity journey
- Proven experience designing highly complex solutions using Java J2EE Spring development of web applications
- Proven experience managing teams of full-stack Java software developers.
- Solid experience in systems development life cycle, including business requirements gathering, and designing logical data models for applications for different business functions.
- Experience working with relevant teams to ensure solutions and integrations meet all security & compliance requirements
- Experience in modern software development methodologies such as Scrum or Kanban
- Experience in micro-service development tooling such as Spring Boot
- Experience with container tooling such as Docker
- Experience with container orchestration tooling such as Kubernetes
- Understanding of relational and no-SQL databases
- Understanding of security frameworks (JAAS, Spring Security, SSL, TLS, HTTPS, etc.)
- Understanding of modern Java build tools such as Maven or Gradle
- Understanding of distributed systems and cloud technologies (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.)
- Experience of integration products (AWS Lambda, Mulesoft, WebMethods)
- Understanding of data streaming and processing frameworks (Kafka, Spark, etc.)