Dreaming for tomorrow is about more than ideas and ambitions. We’re already building the next generation of vehicles, using repurposed and brand-new technology and techniques. We’re doing more than dream, we’re creating the future of mobility and automotive for years to come.
WHAT TO EXPECT
We are looking for a Senior Dev Ops Engineer who has a proven track record of solving operational, scale and reliability problems. An engineer with a passion for quality, automation and experience of cloud infrastructure, software engineering, innovative problem solving, quality-first coding and DevOps practices.
You will form part of a collaborative, iterative and agile process in a multi-disciplined team helping deliver first class digital solutions. This role provides a unique opportunity to help support and grow the software engineering and DevOps capability within Jaguar Land Rover.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities
- Ability to work very closely and integrate with the Development squads to adopt a culture of change and to streamline software development, by managing and owning the entire automated build pipeline, DevOps toolchain and associated test environments from source control to software delivery. As well as security, scale and reliability
- Experience of software development using C or C++, and a good understanding of Object-Oriented Programming, Virtualisation, and Operating Systems
- Experience problem solving and issue resolution. To troubleshoot and resolve performance and scalability bottlenecks
- To maintain and revolutionize our highly reliable environments and toolchains with clear communication with key stakeholders in the definition, delivery and disruptions
- To leverage industry standard techniques and best practices to influence our software delivery process
- Monitor and improve the capacity of our environments and infrastructure through observability
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Experience in a similar DevOps role,
- Proficient with one or more scripting languages: Bash, Terraform, Serverless, Helm, etc.
- Solid knowledge of Docker, Kubernetes or Linux Contrainers.
- Experience of at least one major cloud provider (GCP, AWS, Azure)
- Experience creating, maintaining build infrastructure and supporting automated build pipelines. Experience in deploying, managing and maintaining at least 2 of the following SCM toolchain such as Jenkins, Artifactory, Git CI/CD, TravisCI
- Experience in some of the following programming languages: C, C++
- Experience of safeguarding the entire DevOps environment through strategies, policies, processes, and technology.