The Fiserv EMEA Developer Platform team is integral to promoting the API-first strategy in the region. The team is responsible for providing a developer experience that allows Fiserv customers to easily integrate their applications with the Fiserv Payment & Analytics APIs. The team consists of designers, developers, testers, architects, product managers and developer community advocates.
You’ll be key in driving how we interact with external developers from both large financial services clients, eCommerce clients & software vendors. You will be responsible for the development of high quality user experiences on the Fiserv Developer Portal. You will be asked to push the technical boundaries of the latest web development technologies to provide innovative and captivating developer experiences.
- Contribute significantly to implementing exceptional user experiences for customers when they interact with the Fiserv Developer Platform.
- Work within an agile delivery process to deliver high quality estimates and outcomes for complex projects.
- Support the architectural direction, solution specification, development, implementation and delivery of new and existing web apps or services.
- Continuously innovate in terms of process and technology.
- Embrace emerging technologies and keep abreast of new frameworks, tools and programming languages.
- Support and influence selection and adoption of core technologies, development tools and standards within the team.
- Work with team members to provide technical guidance and support.
- Must have strong verbal, written and organizational skills and strong customer focus.
- Be a proactive stakeholder in code quality, coding to standards, secure code (understanding of OWASP) and overall product quality.
- Provide knowledge transfer; actively support and educate internal and external team members.
- Support the developed solutions in production in a build-it own-it model.
- Will perform additional job duties as required
- Experienced engineer with at least 5 years experience in developing web applications.
- Extensive experience with micro-service architectures and RESTful API is a must.
- Excellent knowledge of OAuth2, SSO and OIDC security standard flow.
- Experience and in-depth knowledge of modern database technologies (relational/non-relational).
- Experience in developing micro frontends is an advantage.
- Excellent knowledge of web security patterns and the Security-OWASP Top 10.
- Experience with Shell-Script and Linux based operating systems.
- Experienced in runtime, build and deployment technologies as well as project tools, e.g. Eclipse, IntelliJ, GitLab, JIRA and Confluence.
- Knowledge of virtual infrastructure and associated services (e.g. public cloud) as well as containerization and orchestration technologies (ideally Docker, pcf, kubernetes).
- Willingness to take ownership and the ability to demonstrate strong personal commitment. Must be comfortable with being considered a reliable and proactive influential team member who is not afraid to take on responsibility in the team (for highlighting, planning and implementing improvements in existing and new applications). Must be high on social skills, team spirit and empathy.
- Strong problem solving skills, including providing simple solutions to complex situations.
- Strong communication skills (e.g. with product owners and stakeholders as well as technical-representatives), coordination skills.
- Highly organized and highly competent in solving issues and finding solutions.
- Can do, will do open-minded attitude. You will wear many hats, some you will be familiar with and others will be an opportunity to develop. Detail-oriented individual with the ability to rapidly learn new concepts and technologies.
- Networking: Understanding network topologies and common network protocols and services (DNS, HTTP(S), SSH, FTP, SMTP).
- Knowledge of payments industry is desirable.
- B.Sc. in Computer Science or other equivalent technical discipline