Welcome to AbbVie!
Our employees work every day to discover and address many of the world's most pressing health challenges. When you have patients depending on your solutions, you look for the best people to join the team.
We are currently sourcing a Reliability Engineer to join our Engineering team in our Carrigtwohill site in Cork. In this position, you will support the Engineering leadership team and function in ensuring best in class operational efficiency and effectiveness. You will get experience in leading stabilisation and process improvement activities, while supporting and taking the lead on safety, compliance, quality.
A snapshot of your key responsibilities as Reliability Engineer would be:
- To be a technical expert / SME and be responsible for reliability standards within the department (equipment, processes, systems and utilities) are aligned with the company and industry standards.
- To facilitate and lead the MEP RCM & RCA program on site; using Lean Tools to identify the root cause of problems and implement effective actions to ensure non recurrence.
- Lead and participate in Kaizen events. Own Kaizen improvements; implement actions identified from Kaizen and ensure changes are sustained.
- Develop and implement in consultation with stakeholders proposals / business cases for technical improvement projects using DMAIC model or similar methodology
- Responsible for improving maintenance systems and identification of technical / financial improvement opportunities.
- Ensure that both reliability & maintenance budgets are met through the reliability program and the reliability & improvement projects are included in capital project plan.
- Ensure the reliability program meets the requirements of the Global MEP Program.
- Lead the energy management program to drive energy & sustainability improvements, reducing our carbon footprint and baseline energy costs.
- Develop & manage an asset lifecycle program, covering key data sets, monitoring, business continuity, and capital reinvestment.
- Actively work with the Maintenance & Projects Team to ensure the MEP Program and site is QA & EHSE Compliant and Audit ready.
Education & Experience:
- A relevant 3rd level degree in Engineering with ideally 4-5 +years’ experience working within a production manufacturing environment (Oral Sold Dosage) is preferred.
- Experience on a wide range of equipment and systems preferred.
- Demonstrated strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to perform detail-orientated work with a high degree of accuracy.
- Demonstrate excellent problem solving skills.
- Technology experience in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), strong technical writing ability.
- So, are you ready to join our team?
- It’s important to remember, AbbVie is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop innovative solutions for patients and being part of an inclusive work environment.
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.