AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
At AbbVie, we offer you the resources and a global reach to empower your innovative mindset. From day one, we've known it takes teamwork and collaboration to develop the scientific breakthroughs, innovative pipelines, and therapies that change millions of patients' lives worldwide. In short, we know it takes "you" to make those ground-breaking advancements happen. We take pride in serving and supporting our communities and protecting the environment, creating a lasting impact that's felt within healthcare and beyond.
We are now recruiting a Manufacturing Network Engineer to join our technology team in Ireland - in this role, you could be based in Cork, Dublin, Sligo or Mayo. In this role, you will provide implementation services, analysis and technical support for the AbbVie Manufacturing Control Network. You will be responsible for operation and maintenance of manufacturing LAN technologies and network device tools management applications with domain specific expert in manufacturing network design and industrial network topologies.
In this role, you will:
• Define, plan, and design innovative network, collaboration, and platform infrastructure solutions, including integrated financial analysis of technical alternatives across technology disciplines to meet business requirements and appropriate backup/redundancy requirements. Successfully negotiates technical design and deployment strategy with divisional clients.
• Leads efforts to define standards in specific areas of expertise. Leads the development, prepares recommendation and secures approval. Serves as the technical subject matter expert and provides consulting support to Division IT and end-user organizations.
• Produces and maintains timely, accurate engineering, implementation, operations documentation. Develops Standard Operating Procedure's. Presents proposed changes to the Infrastructure Review Boards. Designs system tests and performs capacity planning. Leads technical projects that are focused on introduction of new infrastructure
• Establish criteria and perform technology evaluations, including lab analysis and proof of concept along with supporting analysis and documentation. Evaluates new products. Frequently interacts with suppliers to influence their products and services in directions favorable to AbbVie. Typically interacts with product development, engineering, service, and product management.
• Participate in the development of AbbVie's IT Strategy; produces technical position papers and delivers design recommendations. Applies experience to improve functional area business processes or compliance. Leverages tools to enhance functional area productivity.
• Provide technical direction and mentors staff and peer organizations in area of expertise. Participates in the development of AbbVie's IT Strategy; produces technical position papers and delivers design recommendations. Applies experience to improve functional area business processes or compliance. Leverages tools to enhance functional area productivity.
• Provide technical direction and mentors staff and peer organizations in area of expertise. Participates in bridging the gap between technology disciplines. Integrates knowledge of technical standards with communication, leadership and business skills. Participates in establishing technology-specific vision and strategy.
Still interested? Then apply today!
AbbVie is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop innovative solutions for patients and being part of an inclusive work environment.
Does this sound like the right role for you? If so, then what education and experience do you need?
• You will have a Bachelor’s Degree (Computer Science, Information Systems, Telecommunication) with 6 years’ relevant industry experience; Master’s Degree with 5 years’ relevant industry experience; PhD with 0 years’ experience with demonstrated knowledge across infrastructure disciplines, technologies and systems integration expertise.
• Preferred Certifications: CISSP, CCNP, MCSE, CCIE
• Experience in providing technical subject matter expertise while delivering technology solutions
• Trouble shooting skills - working through complex technical problems and providing solutions that are highly innovative.