As a Junior Frontend Engineer within our Zalando Direct (Zalando’s Marketplace) department, you will be joining our Sales Performance team which helps our Partners to understand and improve their performance on the Zalando Platform. You will be providing summary visualisations and in-depth breakdowns of how their business is performing in terms of sales and growth across the different markets of Zalando. This will help partners to make strategic decisions in order to grow their businesses.
You will join a community of Frontend Engineers in the Zalando Direct department who collaborate and support each other in building applications.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Own the whole development cycle - from architecture design to implementation and testing and maintenance of our products
- Collaborating closely with UX, Product and Core Infrastructure Teams and other colleagues in an agile environment
- Join a team where Continuous Integration, Code Quality, Code Reviews, Test Coverage, are kept at very high standards, therefore you should also be positive and firm in your attitude towards them
- Encompassing an inclusive culture and team environments
PERKS AT WORK
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, open source commitment, meetups, game nights, 70+ internal technical and fun guilds, knowledge sharing through tech talks, internal tech academy and blogs, product demos, parties & events
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Extensive onboarding, mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms* (*available in select locations)
- Family- and life-friendly working conditions including flexible working hours (*available for selected departments/positions)
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Effective communication skills in English and ability to understand business requirements.
- A desire to constantly learn and improve your own skills
- A degree in computer science
- Good understanding of React or similar frameworks
- Good understanding and experience with versioning tools such as GIT and Github
- Experience with Typescript is a definite plus
- Experience promoting inclusive culture practices and processes that are models for others