Musgrave is one of the Europe’s most successful family-owned businesses with a 140-year heritage in food and brand innovation, supporting communities across the island of Ireland and Spain.
Every day we feed one in three people in Ireland through 11 market leading food and beverage brands that include SuperValu, Centra, Frank and Honest and Musgrave Market Place.
We support thousands of retail and foodservice family businesses who live and work in the heart of the communities they serve.
We are committed to becoming the most trusted and sustainable business in Ireland and we are making changes across the company to make sure that happens. We want to make a positive impact on the world and we will support our suppliers and customers to make a difference too.
Our people are the heart of our business. As our greatest asset, they make Musgrave a great place to work and in return we aim to be the very best place to work, grow and thrive. We are now inviting applications for the above position within the Digital Technology Team
We are seeking a technically strong IT Business Analyst, with high energy and excited about working in fast paced, dynamic, digital environment, responsibilities of the role include but not limited to:
- Applies working knowledge of software quality concepts within the software development lifecycle and able to perform detailed analysis.
- Communicating with colleagues to understand the requirements of the organisation and its individual departments.
- Communicate, translate, and simplify business requirements to ensure buy-in from all stakeholders.
- Identifying the processes needed to implement your recommendations.
- Use of data modelling to analyse your findings; you then use the data to suggest improvements and changes to a firm’s operations.
- Producing written documentation to support your findings and present it to stakeholders when asked.
- Communicating with vendors to work through the business requirements and to help come up with technical solutions.
- Work with development team to ensure that they understand the specifications.
- Overseeing the implementation of new systems.
- Applies in-depth working understanding of standards and methods to comply/enforce the standards in day to day tasking.
- Creates and executes complex test cases/scripts and interprets/analyses results to report, communicate, and work through issues with software engineers, perform investigation and troubleshooting activities.
- Basic familiarity of application domain or functional areas of systems and conducts UAT and functional.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- A 3rd level degree qualification in a computer related discipline with a minimum of 5 years working in an IT environment.
- Experience in an IT BA role for 5+ years.
- Experience working on complex IT systems.
- Exceptional ability to position and “sell” solutions that are reasonable, actionable, and cost-effective, including the ability to properly gauge the requirements and “plug” the appropriate solution.
- A good multitasker who is able to work on multiple projects at the same time.
- Whilst not essential, experience in software testing would be advantageous.
- Problem-solving and analytical thinking to get to the root of an issue.
- Conflict resolution and negotiation skills.
- A team player with proven ability to work autonomously.
- Strong system analysis experience and analytical skills and an ability to deal with multiple business demands simultaneously.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal & self-organizing skills and an ability to build relationships with relevant stakeholders.