Amach is an industry-leading software company with headquarters located in Dublin and remote teams in UK and Europe. Our team members are typically located within 2-hour time zone for better collaboration.
We specialize in Digital Transformation including agile software development, DevOps, automation, databases, and cloud consulting. Amach are an AWS registered partner.
We are currently recruiting a Data Architect to work with us here at Amach. You will need to have experience in designing and implementing on premise and in cloud data solutions. Experience around data security is also important.
This is a home based role for someone in either Ireland or the United Kingdom.
In this role, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining data processing software, coordinating with company executives and other professionals to create unique data infrastructure
Duties will include, but not limited to:
- Assembling large, complex sets of data that meet non-functional and functional business requirements
- Identifying, designing, and implementing internal process improvements including re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, optimizing data delivery, and automating manual processes
- Translating business requirements into technical specifications, including data streams, integrations, transformations, databases, and data warehouses
- Defining the data architecture framework, standards, and principles, including modelling, metadata, security, reference data, and master data
- Defining reference architecture, which is a pattern others can follow to create and improve data systems
- Defining data flows, i.e., which parts of the organization generate data, which require data to function, how data flows are managed, and how data changes in transition
- Data security
- Collaborating and coordinating with multiple departments, stakeholders, partners, and external vendors
- Experience in large enterprise data warehouse
- Ability to build and optimize data sets, ‘big data’ data pipelines and architectures
- Ability to perform root cause analysis on external and internal processes and data to identify opportunities for improvement and answer questions
- Excellent analytic skills associated with working on unstructured datasets
- Ability to build processes that support data transformation, workload management, data structures, dependency, and metadata
- Knowledge of ODBC and Java
- Experience with Data warehousing, Cubes, and emerging EPP/MPP data designs
- Experience with Snowflake and AWS Data system prefer
- AWS Cloud Practitioner, Big Data Specialist, Tableau Professional, or other similar certifications desired.
- Act as an influencer to help the existing team grow into modern modelling and reporting methodologies
- Data Security
- An opportunity to join a fast-growing company
- Options for career advancement
- Learning and development opportunities
- Flexible working environment
- Competitive rate based on experience