We at Clover Nenagh are dedicated to bringing the technology industry to rural Ireland in a socially responsible manner. We do so with a strong focus on core values and on offering personal support for our employees and our customers, both of which we recognise as key to the success of our business.
Every day, Clover devices handle the core credit card and point-of-sale processing for hundreds of thousands of merchants. Behind the scenes, we operate a cloud platform providing processing, storage and collaboration for merchants, application developers, service providers and our merchants' customers. Our devices and platform form the backbone of millions of payment interactions between merchants and their customers daily. As well as providing applications to allow our merchants to improve the running of their businesses.
Right now, as we are looking to grow our dynamic team to dive into new markets and expand our application marketplace reach, we are looking for motivated, creative and empathetic collaborators with a passion for technology who want to help us positively impact millions of merchant’s lives, one transaction at a time.
- Contribute to the design, implementation and support of Clover features / functionality. This position will collaborate with a team of engineers to design and build best-in-class experiences for our users.
- Partnering with product and engineering leads to scope, architect and execute on key features/enhancements that will reshape how Clover users access Clover products and services.
- Contribute and add new features to Clover, resolve bugs, and refactor / improve the code base.
- Identify technical requirements in product meetings and assist the business team with realistic project planning and feature development; translate product requirements into functional, maintainable, extensible software that is in-line with company objectives.
- Implement new Clover applications as needed; take ownership of the new product from development through deployment and production monitoring.
- Collaborate with Web/Android Developers to determine the best way to maintain low response times as new features are designed.
- Work with colleagues to develop test plans and strategies.
- Several years of experience in a backend Java development role.
- Strong understanding of relational databases and proficiency with a relational DB.
- Strong knowledge of RESTful API design.
- Excellent understanding and experience of Microservices with Spring Boot.
- Experience / understanding of DevOps principles.
- Superior problem-solving skills and debugging capabilities.
- Flexible and self driven with a collaborative approach to problem solving.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good working knowledge of revision control and code review tools like Git/Github.
- Degree/Diploma in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or in a relevant field
- Experience with a cloud platform: AWS, Google Cloud, etc.
- Comfortable writing developer tests.
- Experience with distributed computing.
- Experience in web development.
- Skills with Java / Kotlin.
- A culture of mindfulness and wellbeing. Clover Nenagh prioritises employee work life balance by making mindfulness and wellbeing a central part of our working lives. Our employees are provided with live and online wellbeing resources and programs.
- Excellent education support to enable Clover employees to fulfil career aspirations. Clover offers several levels of educational support including internal online training and course library, support for achieving recognised professional certifications and a higher education policy.
- A state-of-the-art, fully accessible building for people with physical requirements.
- VHI health Insurance.
- Income protection benefit.
- Occupational contributory pension.
- Parental leave policy.
- Death in service benefit.
- Employee rewards and employee service awards programs.
- Competitive employee referral scheme.