Senior Developer Cloud Native
Ericsson leads the development of the mobile world, with more than 54,000 patents to our name. Our innovations in 5G technologies enable telecom networks to transform intelligent society and industry.
The Ericsson workplace is employee-centric supporting well-being, collaboration, innovation online or in person.
When joining our team at Ericsson you are empowered to learn, lead and perform at your best, crafting the future of technology. This is a place where you're encouraged as your own perfectly unique self, and celebrated for the skills, talent, and perspective you bring to the team. Are you in?
Our Great Opportunity
Are you a hardworking Senior Engineer working in Cloud Native with Java Microservices? We are looking for you to lead a team of Java engineers building scalable, highly available network management features for 5G networks. You will be working as part of a multi-functional team, developing full-stack features in an agile environment.
You will work and collaborate with leading experts in Radio and Cloud Native technologies including 5G, Public & Private Clouds, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence!
To be successful in the role you will have some of this experience;
- Knowledge in cloud technologies and tools, container/microservices, databases, and security
- Experience with cloud deployment (Docker, Kubernetes) and how to decompose application logic down to microservices
- Hands-on experience of configuration, deployment, and optimisation of microservices is required (Spring Boot or JBoss, Wildfly is an advantage)
- Be familiar with the latest CI/CD technologies
- Consistent track record to solve problems in microservices at scale
- Ability to write API contract tests, familiarity with TDD/BDD
- Experience with integration using Arquillian, Cucumber
- Proficiency in one or more languages, such as Java, Python
- A consistent record in technical leadership in a Java-based software development team
- Practical experience of the best coding/design practices and patterns, optimisations, scaling, and clustering
- Customer focus and ambition to understand customer needs on developed features
What do we offer?
- A healthy work-life balance (flexible hours, remote working option, maternity/paternity and parental leave)
- 27 days annual leave, family-friendly work environment!
- Dynamic sports and social club which hosts many sporting (e.g. golf, football, swimming, tennis) and social (e.g. gaming, theatre, movie, nights out) activities
- Expand your horizons in a rich multicultural environment with colleagues from all over the world
- Clearly defined career paths, improved with inhouse training and financial support for external study
- Opportunities to travel around the world and work directly with our customers
- Pension scheme, health insurance, company doctor, life cover and sick pay/income continuance plan
- Tax saver commuter/bike to work scheme