AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Want to join an award winning team? We OFFER that.
Ready to make a Worldwide impact? We OFFER that too.
Welcome to AbbVie!
At AbbVie, we offer you the resources and a global reach to empower your innovative mindset. From day one, we’ve known it takes teamwork and collaboration to develop the scientific breakthroughs, innovative pipelines, and therapies that change millions of patients’ lives around the world. In short, we know it takes “you” to make those ground-breaking advancements happen. We take pride in serving and supporting our communities and protecting the environment, making a lasting impact that's felt within healthcare and beyond.
We are now recruiting a Analytical Technology Specialist to join our diverse S & T team in Westport.
- Relationship Building: establishing excellent working relationships with all functions within the business
- Communication: excellent communication and presentations skills, both written and oral. Articulate the quality requirements in a clear, concise and persuasive manner.
- Planning & Organising: excellent analytical skills. Ability to plan and schedule.
- Decision Making: identify and understand issues, problems and opportunities whilst providing a viable solution.
- Adaptability; Able to work in a fast, dynamic, environment whilst being able to adjust readily to meet unexpected constraints.
- Passion for results: - Drive, high energy, maturity, and ability to work under pressure and deliver results; get things done (an action-oriented approach); overcome obstacles.
- Receptivity to feedback - Receptive to the ideas of others and welcome and accept constructive feedback, display humility where appropriate.
- AbbVie Culture fit: Adhere to the AbbVie ways we work and culture
Other requirement (i.e. travel)
- Undertake any training or travel that the role may require
- Compliance and Integrity: You will be responsible for conducting your activities on behalf of the company consistent with a high standard of business ethics and in compliance with the laws and regulations that govern our activities
- 3-7 years’ experience with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in Method Development / Validation or relevant industry experience.
- Competent in HPLC/UPLC.
- Experience with Statistical Analysis, Quality by Design, Dry Lab or similar software
- Good knowledge of ICH and ANVISA guidelines
- Proven experience of working with a range of analytical equipment and laboratory techniques.
- Strong technical writing skills for protocol / report generation
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to co-ordinate testing, information sharing across the global network.
- Ability to work on own initiative and systemically troubleshoot ensuring new methods are in line with regulatory guidelines.
- The successful candidate needs to be flexible and lead projects assigned to them.
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.